Torque head in Roll Forming
Torque head is a complete roller stand with final profile roller shape that not connected to any drive system (chain or gears) and roller turning by profile moving toward. Mean while the support stand for these rollers designed special that can twist up roller and down roller together with adjusted gap.
Also will install in guide line that can easily mowing up and down to fixing profile sweep. In special profile and closed type profile roll forming machine after final stand install torque head or straightening stand. For the reason that some twisting and longitudinal is still left on finished profile so by twisting back wise torque head we can make it straight back.
Conclusion for torque head roll forming
After adjusting all tooling stand gapping make sure all roller are in effective position, if any twisting –longitudinal- bow- and sweeping happen you should easily move or twist torque head stand Stand to get standard finished profile. Remember once want to modify torque head it should be with out material inside.
Cutting Unit Roll Forming Machine
For roll forming lines we need to cut off the unit to get requirement profile length. We have two way of cutting strips or panel:
1: pre-cutting: it’s flat blade shearing that install before forming and cut none form material to demand length.
2:shape cutting: install after forming stands, the blade is design same as profile shape, for hydraulic cutting blade or cutting saw that also saw profile after forming.
Cutting Unit Roll Forming Installation:
After material passes all roller stand and also with torque head we adjust profile twisting and longitudinal. Its time to install the cutting unit on the end of the roll forming machine, consequently to make sure cutting blade is in right position and won’t make any distortion or reflection on profile during passing profile through the blade.
Inspect The Finished Profile in roll forming :
- TWISTING – BOW and chamber won’t clear by a small piece of the profile , From 2 pcs minimum 4 meter of profile then put it together and inspect carefully also you can turn profile and put back to back then check BOW so you will realize better.
- check the angle and flat parts along with the profile any wavy edge or wrinkle or wavy center then go ahead for modification.
- measure angle degree by bevel tools and all sides by calipers to make sure all angles are well-formed as your requirement. And each section of the panel is as same as demand drawing.
MATERIAL EFFECTS in Roll Forming
- as already mentioned before start to design and produce designers care about material behavior and reflection. But sometimes by changing coil (even the same material) result from the roll forming machine will change. Its true, related to slitting processing and recoiling machine each coil of strips will behave differently. As a result should really care about material slitting processing, especially on the low gauge of galvanized material.
- mostly roller gapping is in the midpoint of the range of the ordered gauge tolerance. Once input material thickness extreme ends of the material gauge tolerance its necessary to change roller gap one by one with a feeler.