Roll forming machine operator
Roll forming machine operator Set up roll forming systems, which include turnstiles, coil carts, decoilers,
strip welders, recoilers, roll forming parts, punch presses, welding systems, various measuring devices,
stock straighteners, various coil feed devices, scrap conveyors, part conveyors, automatic material handling, etc.
the operator Perform die repair such as changing roll form sections, punches, buttons, Sharpen punches and make
other repairs as necessary.Forming Roll Operator Set dies and change rolls to produce quality products.
Metal Roll Forming Machine Operator Jobs
The roll forming Machine Operator will be responsible for operating the equipment.
2. Set up all work centers within the department in accordance with established procedures and make necessary adjustments to achieve a part that meets all specifications.
3. Set up duties include but are not limited to; changing molds and dies out of machines, properly securing and connecting utilities to tooling, and installing the proper program into the machine.
4. Feed materials into inline forming machines and perform roll changes as necessary.
5. Remove scrap materials from the machine and dispose of per procedures.
6. Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction and report any findings to the Supervisor.
7. Monitor and measure specific characteristics of the product using measuring equipment.
8. Inspect quality of finished product and report any quality issues to Setup/Lead Person or Shift Supervisor.
Roll forming machine Jobs
9. Input accurate daily production information in the computer shop floor data collection system.
10. Assist roll forming operators with job functions such as relieving machinery for scheduled breaks, moving product and scrap to and from work stations, and assisting material handler with moving raw materials to and from work stations.
11. Properly complete all necessary paperwork and forms needed for setup or production.
12. Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
13. Perform all work procedures according to established Quality Management & Environmental Management Systems.
14. Perform job responsibilities and tasks in compliance with Company policies, procedures and safety, and environmental regulations.